Well, blow me down! It’s the mid of April and if you haven’t planned a trip yet for the long Easter weekend, you might want to consider joining in the fun at Redcliffe Festival of Sails on Good Friday, 19th April 2019, at Suttons Beach.
The Redcliffe Festival of Sails offers a whole day of Easter-themed free entertainment and activities, from 9:00am to 4:00pm, organized by Moreton Bay Region Industry & Tourism in partnership with Moreton Bay Regional Council and 9 News Queensland.
You’ll get to see the Skydiving Easter Bunny in person as he gives out chocolate treats for kids at 10:10am.
Also, you’ll have a front-row view of Australia’s second largest yacht race, the QantasLink Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race, with entrants from all around Australia, as the yachts sail on by pass the remarkable Redcliffe Peninsula.
The Kids Zone will feature enjoyable activities such as the following:
- Eco Cartoon Colouring MuralWall: Let your kids participate in this fun colouring activity or encourage them to join the interactive community games using recycled instruments.
- Free Craft Workshops: Just be sure to jump in early to book your children’s spots.
- Nine News’ mini news desk: Snap a photo of your kids behind the desk as they pretend to report the day’s stories.
- Face Painting: A festival won’t be complete without a painted face for a small cost.
- Rides on Gentle Ponies: The youngest members of the family will have a delightful time for only $5. Don’t forget to capture that moment on your camera!
- Animal Farm: Let your children get up close and personal with friendly alpacas, sheep, goats, and cuddly chickens, ducklings, and piglets. They can hand feed, brush or pat the animals.
The Beach Zone will also have the following fun activities:
- $1 Easter Egg Hunt: Search for colourful Easter eggs for a $1 donation.
- MBRC Healthy and Active Moreton: Moreton Bay Regional Council Healthy & Active team will deliver free, fun activities throughout the day such as Kinetic Kids (9:00am-11:00am), Billy’s Buddies (1:00pm-4:00pm), Disc Golf (10:00am-2:00pm), and Croquet (9:00am-11:00am & 1:00pm-3:00pm).
- Kite Making Workshops: The Redcliffe Kite Club can help you make your very own kite for $7.
- Beach Activities: There will be beach volleyball, cricket and tennis all day for free!
- Sand Sculpture & Workshop: A professional sand sculptor will create incredible scenes right before your eyes. You can also jump in and try creating your very own masterpiece.
There will be three stages dedicated to live music: the Main Stage, Northern Acoustic Stage, and Southern Acoustic Stage. Non-stop music performances will be a mix of genres including pop, folk, acoustic, blues, jazz, RnB, soul, and dance.
Entertainers lined up for the Main Stage include Thomas Armstrong-Robley, Mason Watts, Ruby Gilbert, Amy Kate, and Ballantyne. Also, the Sharon Alback Dancers will be performing “Where is the Easter Bunny” at 2:00pm.
Lined up at the Northern Acoustic Stage are amazing local musicians like Amy Kate, Nicole Canaway, Izack Hunt, and Nicole McKinney. Whilst the Southern Acoustic Stage will enjoy great live music from talented local performers like Sarah Hamze, Jax Haze, Liam Johnson, Lucky Korts, and the front-man from Reggae band Fat Picnic, Graham Moes.
Pop-Up Ice Cream Fair
Chill at the festive atmosphere of the Pop-up Ice Cream Fair that will have everything sweet, creamy and frozen. Participating in this fair are Dippin Dots, Gelato A Go-Go, Classic Ice Cream, Icephile, Ungermann Brothers Ice Cream Parlour, Whips and Co, Yo-Get-It, and Popsyland. Also taking part are Donut Kitchen and Espresso XO.
Other Features of the Festival
Aside from the Pop-up Ice Cream Fair, there will be two food courts with international cuisines or festival classics like spiral potatoes, pizza, churros, hot donuts, and much more.
Roam around and have a look at over 150 market stalls lining Suttons Beach selling clothing, accessories, toys, and treasures. Love Handmade Lane in particular will have a variety of made in Brisbane products like handcrafted sterling silver jewellery, art & prints, plants, and jam + chutney. You may also be interested to join the free Easter Wreath Workshops featured in this area at 10:00am and 2:00pm.
A range of rides will also be featured such as the Circus Jumping Castle, Cup & Saucer, Ferris Wheel, and more. Rides will cost $5 each or $25 for an all-day rides pass.
On top of that, you can just catch the Free Shuttle Bus for stress-free travel to the festival. There will be two locations to hop on a shuttle bus: at the Redcliffe Showgrounds on Scarborough Road and at Kippa-Ring Train Station. The shuttle is pram and wheelchair friendly. For details regarding stress-free travel, click here.
For more information, click here.